concernedadjectiveuk /kənˈsɜːnd/ us /-ˈsɝːnd/
concerned adjective (WORRIED)
- Many people are very concerned about the destruction of the rainforests.
- Theatre companies are very concerned about cuts in government grants to the arts.
- Police are concerned that mugging is on the increase.
- In the movie, he plays a concerned and sensitive father trying to bring up two teenage children on his own.
- Today, people are much more concerned about their health than they were in the past.
concerned adjective (INVOLVED)
- He's a bit of a dilettante as far as wine is concerned.
- The rally has been cancelled for the good of all concerned.
- The well-known humanitarian, Joseph Rowntree, was concerned with the welfare of his employees.
- I'm a complete ignoramus where computers are concerned.
- It never pays to take risks where human safety is concerned.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: