concretenoun [U]uk /ˈkɒŋ.kriːt/ us /ˈkɑːn.kriːt/
- The bomb shelter has concrete walls that are three metres thick.
- The foundation of the house is built from rubble overlaid with concrete.
- A row of reinforced concrete pillars supports the bridge.
- Weeds were pushing up through the cracks in the concrete.
- Don't walk on the concrete until it has set.
concreteverb [T]uk /ˈkɒŋ.kriːt/ us /ˈkɑːn.kriːt/ UK
concreteadjectiveuk /ˈkɒŋ.kriːt/ us /ˈkɑːn.kriːt/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: