condemnverb [ T ]uk /kənˈdem/ us /kənˈdem/
- She was the only politician to condemn the proposed law on moral grounds .
- The president took the unusual step of altering his prepared speech in order to condemn the terrorist attack.
- Her refusal to condemn the violence left her open to the charge of positive support for the campaign .
- Prince Charles condemned the assertively modernist style of architecture.
- The Opposition has condemned the government's proposed tax increases.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words