confessverb [ I or T ]uk /kənˈfes/ us /kənˈfes/
He has confessed to the murder.
It was all very confusing, I must confess.
- I have to confess I'm a bit of a sucker for musicals.
- I must confess that I got my sums wrong - the house extension is costing a lot more than I expected.
- The killer confessed that he often drugged his victims before he killed them.
- He was granted immunity from prosecution because he confessed the names of the other spies.
- He confessed that he had sinful thoughts.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words