confessionnoun [ C or U ]uk /kənˈfeʃ.ən/ us /kənˈfeʃ.ən/
Have you been to confession recently?
- After being questioned by the police for two days, Johnson signed a confession.
- The two men allege that the police forced them to make false confessions.
- One day he just walked into his local police station and made a full confession.
- It was such an extraordinary confession that I couldn't think what to say in reply.
- Her confession was no surprise to him, as he had long suspected that she had a secret lover.