confettinoun [ U ]uk /kənˈfet.i/ us /kənˈfet̬.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- always a bridesmaid, never the bride idiom
- arranged marriage
- bachelor party
- bachelorette party
- give sb away
- go/walk down the aisle idiom
- golden anniversary
- golden wedding anniversary
- guard of honour
- hen night
- register office
- registry office
- ruby anniversary
- shotgun wedding
- shower tea
Examples from literature
- He recognised the trio for the same that had pelted Cairn and himself with confetti earlier in the evening.
- In the gardens of the hotel, the paths lay ankle-deep in scattered confetti.
- The bridal couple drove away amidst much hilarity, inspired by the unaccustomed champagne and expressed in rice and confetti.
- The riotous interchange of nosegays and confetti was partially suspended, while the procession passed.
- They pelted the Snow-man with snowballs and then sold bags of white confetti.