confirmationnounuk /ˌkɒn.fəˈmeɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌkɑːn.fɚˈmeɪ.ʃən/
confirmation noun (CERTAIN)
- Thank you for your booking. You will receive confirmation in the post within three working days.
- If you need any confirmation of my story, just go and look outside.
- This kind of story should never be published without official confirmation.
- They have found a body but, as yet, we do not have confirmation that it is the missing girl.
- If I was in any doubt about who had eaten the cake, Jack's chocolate-smeared face was enough confirmation!
confirmation noun (PROOF)