conflictnoun [C or U]uk /ˈkɒn.flɪkt/ us /ˈkɑːn.flɪkt/
- Both sides involved in the conflict made some concessions in yesterday's talks.
- An independent adviser has been brought in to conciliate between the two sides involved in the conflict.
- The conflict destabilized the whole region.
- They had worked for peace during the long era of conflict.
- The ambassador has offered to act as a go-between for the two countries involved in the conflict.
conflictverb [I]uk /kənˈflɪkt/ us /kənˈflɪkt/
conflict verb [I] (BE OPPOSITE)