connectverbuk /kəˈnekt/ us /kəˈnekt/
connect verb (JOIN)
- I'll just connect up the printer to the computer and then we'll be ready to go.
- Most villages in the highlands are now connected by roads.
- The two skyscrapers were connected by a vertiginous walkway.
- Use a screw to connect the pieces of metal.
- The bone broke just where the thigh connects to the knee.
connect verb (RELATE)
connect verb (RELATIONSHIP)
connect verb (PHONE)
connect verb (TRANSPORT)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: