conscientious objectornoun [ C ]uk /kɒn.ʃiˌen.ʃəs əbˈdʒek.tər/ us /kɑːn.ʃiˌen.ʃəs əbˈdʒek.tɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- As far as the battle for learning goes, we were pacifists—conscientious objectors.
- He is not a pacifist exactly—he is not a conscientious objector.
- No conscientious objector need apply.
- The other main objection to the conscientious objectors is that their method of establishing peace is too negative.
- They jailed conscientious objectors in the last war.