consequentlyadverbuk /ˈkɒn.sɪ.kwənt.li/ us /ˈkɑːn-/
- All the shops were closed, and consequently we couldn't buy any food.
- Doctors are short of time to listen and consequently tend to prescribe drugs whenever they can.
- There is inadequate childcare provision and consequently many women who wish to work are unable to do so.
- The company is trying to reduce its costs; consequently, staff who leave are not being replaced.
- His explanation was full of technical jargon. Consequently, nobody understood it at all!
- She is always bad-tempered, and consequently doesn't have many friends.