consist of sth
— phrasal verb with consist uk /kənˈsɪst/ us /kənˈsɪst/ verb
B1 to be made of or formed from something:
The team consists of four Europeans and two Americans.
- A company's assets can consist of cash, investments, buildings, machinery, specialist knowledge or copyright material such as music or computer software.
- Many jazz trios consist of a piano, guitar and double bass.
- Atoms consist of positively-charged protons, negatively-charged electrons and neutral particles called neutrons.
- The meal consisted of smoked salmon, followed by guinea fowl .
- Breakfast, such as it was, consisted of a plain roll and a cup of coffee.