consistentadjectiveuk us /kənˈsɪs.tənt/
consistent adjective (NOT CHANGING)
consistent adjective (AGREEING)
- The company has consistently denied responsibility, but it agreed to the settlement to avoid the expense of lengthy litigation.
- The Peugeot engine has consistently outperformed its rivals this season.
- The company has consistently underrated the importance of a well-trained workforce.
- In newspaper articles she consistently upbraided those in authority who overstepped their limits.
- Yields on gas and electricity shares are consistently high.