constitutionnoun [C]uk /ˌkɒn.stɪˈtjuː.ʃən/ us /ˌkɑːn.stɪˈtuː-/
constitution noun [C] (LAWS)
- Clause 4 of the constitution is thought to be the most important section.
- Until the constitution is amended, the power to appoint ministers will remain with the president.
- When he suspended the constitution and dissolved Congress, he had the imprimatur of the armed forces.
- East and West Germany united under article 23 of the Bonn constitution.
- The drafting of a new constitution cannot be a monopoly of the white minority regime .
constitution noun [C] (HEALTH)
constitution noun [C] (PARTS)