constitutionaladjectiveuk /ˌkɒn.stɪˈtjuː.ʃən.əl/ us /ˌkɑːn.stɪˈtuː-/
constitutional adjective (LAWS)
- There is a growing movement to divest the monarchy of its remaining constitutional power.
- Presidential power was reduced by a constitutional amendment in 1991.
- Britain's head of state is a constitutional monarch .
- He again urged passage of a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion.
- Several members of the party have resurrected the idea of constitutional change.
constitutional adjective (HEALTH)