construction noun (BUILDING)
- Falling house prices are illustrative of the crisis facing the construction industry.
- The starting date for the construction work is June 23.
- The construction of the tunnel is a large and complex undertaking.
- He called for checks to discover whether corrupt officials are being bribed to connive in shoddy construction.
- How are we going to pay for the construction work?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
construction noun (LANGUAGE)
put a construction on sth formal