consulting roomnoun [ C ]uk /kənˈsʌl.tɪŋ ˌruːm/ us /kənˈsʌl.t̬ɪŋ ˌruːm/ UK
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Mrs. Jenkins, a regular visitor in the doctor's consulting room, started on the long story of her troubles.
- The consulting room is well supplied with medicines.
- The old doctor treated me so strangely, that I often felt inclined to run out of the consulting room.
- The room into which they had been shown was his consulting room, furnished in the simplest fashion—almost shabbily.
- They are the types most commonly seen in the hospital clinic or in the private consulting room of the neurologist.