contextnoun [C]uk /ˈkɒn.tekst/ us /ˈkɑːn-/
context noun [C] (CAUSE OF EVENT)
- To understand this issue, it must first be situated in its context.
- The production is deliberately styleless, and this takes the play out of its historical context.
- What was the context you found the word in?
- He thinks smacking is OK in the context of a happy family.
- His remarks were very tasteless in the context of a memorial service.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
context noun [C] (LANGUAGE)