contortionistnoun [ C ]uk /kənˈtɔː.ʃən.ɪst/ us /kənˈtɔːr.ʃən.ɪst/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- He had narrow eyes, shrewd and calculating and the sinuous motions of a contortionist.
- He was exceedingly slim and limber and had learned many of the tricks of the contortionist.
- His body proved as supple as a professional contortionist.
- I'm also a bit of a gymnast and sufficient of a contortionist to do eccentric dancing.
- Like a deer he ran around the rough rim, and I had to perform with the agility of a contortionist to avoid dead snags of trees and green branches.