contributeverb [ I or T ]uk /kənˈtrɪb.juːt/ /ˈkɒn.trɪ.bjuːt/ us /kənˈtrɪb.juːt/ us
- The company publicly apologized and agreed to contribute some money to charity.
- It was a real team effort - everyone contributed something to the success of the project.
- Tourism contributes millions of pounds to the country's economy.
- Everyone in the office is contributing money for his leaving present.
- We have contributed all our working lives to pension schemes and national insurance, expecting a reasonable state pension on retirement.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: