contributionnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌkɒn.trɪˈbjuː.ʃən/ us /ˌkɑːn.trɪˈbjuː.ʃən/
She didn't make much of a contribution (= she did not say much) at today's meeting, did she?
- Would you like to make a contribution towards a present for Linda?
- With your contribution, that makes a total of £45.
- Marie Curie is famous for her contribution to science.
- He made a very generous contribution to our church restoration appeal.
- Michael's contribution to the meal was to peel the potatoes.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words