controlverb [T]uk /kənˈtrəʊl/ us /kənˈtroʊl/ -ll-
- balance of power
- have sb by the balls idiom
- have sb eating out of your hand idiom
- have sb in the palm of your hand idiom
- have sth in hand idiom
- pull rank idiom
- pull the strings idiom
controlnounuk /kənˈtrəʊl/ us /kənˈtroʊl/
control noun (POWER)
- The army took control of the city after the president's fall from power.
- We keep a tight control on the organization's finances.
- The terrorists assumed control of the plane and forced it to land in the desert.
- The car went out of control and plunged over the cliff.
- Troops yesterday seized control of the broadcasting station.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
control noun (SWITCH)
control noun (IN AN EXPERIMENT)