convalescencenoun [ S or U ]uk /ˌkɒn.vəˈles.əns/ us /ˌkɑːn.vəˈles.əns/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A little healthy laughter is the best possible thing for convalescence.
- Anna had not seen him yet since her convalescence.
- As soon as the wounded were attended to, she established an invalid's kitchen, where appetizing food could be prepared,—one of the essentials in convalescence.
- During convalescence, great care is necessary to protect the patient from taking cold.
- During the evenings of my convalescence she would talk to me of her nursing experiences.