conveyverb [ T ]uk /kənˈveɪ/ us /kənˈveɪ/ formal
convey verb [ T ] (COMMUNICATE)
- Few journalists have managed to convey the full horror of the situation.
- What the book does convey very successfully is the horror of war.
- No report can convey the unspeakable suffering that this war has caused.
- Words alone cannot convey the untold misery endured by people in these refugee camps.
- With a single wag of her finger she managed to convey her total disapproval.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words