coopnoun [ C ]uk /kuːp/ us /kuːp/
Examples from literature
- Damp, ill-ventilated, and poorly lighted coops are favorable to the development of the disease.
- During the most of the season the best thing is an outdoor coop.
- Every farmer should have at least one of these coops, as this is the only way to fatten chicks properly.
- Nets or coops are arranged for them beneath the houses, but they run at large during the day time.
- The cat shown was caught in the night while trying to enter a chicken coop.