coral reefnoun [ C ]uk /ˌkɒr.əl ˈriːf/ us /ˌkɔːr.əl ˈriːf/
Examples from literature
- All along the coast of Madagascar are coral reefs.
- But when the tide is low, you can see a coral reef on Nikumaroro Island.
- Coral reefs are a great home for animals and plants.
- It’s 2,600 kilometers long, and it’s the world’s largest coral reef – and coral is a living thing.
- Look at the colors of this coral reef!
- Scientists study the ecology of Madagascar to learn how the warmer ocean affects the coral reefs.
- This is bad for coral, and so it’s bad for the animals on coral reefs, too.