corditenoun [ U ]uk /ˈkɔː.daɪt/ us /ˈkɔːr.daɪt/ specialized
Examples from literature
- A dense black smoke was seen in the starboard battery, whether from coal or torpedo cordite I could not say.
- One could hear, between the thunder of the big bombs, the dull report of exploding cordite.
- Some cordite cartridges were lying outside of it and these went off with a great flare.
- The Turkish snipers were still busy, and the sharp crack of cordite echoed from scores of different hiding-places along the hills.
- There is a loud report, the click of a bolt, and the pungent smell of burnt cordite.