coriandernoun [ U ]uk /ˌkɒr.iˈæn.dər/ us /ˈkɔːr.i.æn.dɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Cakes can be flavoured with a variety of spices, such as cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, or powdered coriander seeds.
- Ginger root, coriander seed, and orange peels, are employed as flavouring substances chiefly by the ale brewers.
- Mince fine, season with ground coriander seed, salt, pepper, and a small quantity of nutmeg.
- To five gallons soup stock add five ounces salt, a quarter teaspoonful of coriander seed and a quarter teaspoonful of powdered cloves, and bring to boil.
- Vegetables grown in the country included onions, leeks, celery, lettuce, radish, carrots, garlic, shallots, parsnip, dill, chervil, marigold, coriander, and poppy.