corporal punishmentnoun [ U ]uk /ˌkɔː.pər.əl ˈpʌn.ɪʃ.mənt/ us /ˌkɔːr.pɚ.əl ˈpʌn.ɪʃ.mənt/
Examples from literature
- Corporal punishment of any kind is rare.
- Corporal punishment, except for the gravest offences, is abolished.
- Fines, corporal punishment, and in the case of heinous crimes, mutilation and death are their penalties.
- On this circumstance being reported to the lieutenant-governor, Wright received an immediate corporal punishment.
- They had the power of inflicting corporal punishment.