corpsenoun [ C ]uk /kɔːps/ us /kɔːrps/
Examples from literature
- A sergeant came into the room, breathing quickly, and looked in surprise from the corpse to the inspector.
- For this purpose the people gather round the corpse and carry it outside of the village.
- He eyed the corpse closely, and then proceeded to examine the death wound.
- However that may be, dead bodies might be either buried or burned, provided the deposit of the corpse or the ashes were made outside of the city.
- Then his grasp relaxed, and he fell back a corpse.