corpusclenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɔː.pʌs.əl/ us /ˈkɔːr.pʌs.əl/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- At first the red corpuscles will be seen as pale, disk-like bodies floating in the clear fluid.
- How are the red corpuscles able to take up and give off oxygen?
- It appears to take some part in the formation of blood corpuscles.
- There are two kinds of corpuscles, red and white.
- These colorless corpuscles increase when there is disease of the lymphatic glands, but whether this is the cause of their increase or perversion is not known.