correction noun (CHANGE)
› [ C or U ] specialized also market correction finance & economics a change in prices in a financial market, especially when they go down after a period of being too high in relation to the real situation in a company, the economy, etc.:
- I must make one important correction to what you said in your introduction - I'm Belgian, not German.
- After you have done the corrections, could you print out the document please?
- I've noticed several more corrections I'd like to make to the book, if it's not too late.
- I have one correction for the newsletter - our phone number has changed.
- Make sure you do all those spelling corrections carefully before you send off the letter.