correspondverb [I]uk /ˌkɒr.ɪˈspɒnd/ us /ˌkɔːr.əˈspɑːnd/
correspond verb [I] (MATCH)
- Their accounts of what happened that evening don't correspond at all.
- We both added up the figures again, but our totals still didn't correspond.
- That is not much of a punishment - it doesn't correspond with the seriousness of the offence.
- Her reply corresponded with yours, so I suppose I must believe you.
- My views on politics seldom correspond with those of my father.
- a passing resemblance idiom
- be in good company idiom
- be in the same ballpark idiom
- be nothing/not much/very little in it idiom
- be two of a kind idiom
- even (sth) out
- homologous series
- in line with sth idiom
- match up