correspondence coursenoun [ C ]uk /kɒr.ɪˈspɒn.dəns ˌkɔːs/ us /kɔːr.əˈspɑːn.dəns ˌkɔːrs/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A correspondence course would be splendid for him if he can't get away from the farm for regular college work.
- A great many of the girls and boys took correspondence courses in stenography, drawing, bookkeeping, illustrating, etc., etc. The purely mechanical work of the mill does not satisfy them.
- He began at once with correspondence courses in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- I am taking two correspondence courses, and mean to continue my studies here in my wagon.
- The school also directs extension classes in outlying parts of the city and neighboring places and correspondence courses for study classes and individual students in all parts of the country.