correspondentnoun [ C ]uk /ˌkɒr.ɪˈspɒn.dənt/ us /ˌkɔːr.əˈspɑːn.dənt/
correspondent noun [ C ] (REPORTER)
a war correspondent
the education correspondent for the Guardian
- In her latest dispatch, Clare Duggan, our war correspondent, reported an increase in fighting.
- She spoke emotionally about her experiences as a war correspondent.
- Our foreign correspondent filed this report earlier today.
- Perhaps her most productive period was her five-year stint as a foreign correspondent in New York.
- Our racing correspondent has the following tips for the 3.15 and the 3.45 at Newmarket .
correspondent noun [ C ] (LETTER WRITER)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words