corruptadjectiveuk us /kəˈrʌpt/
corrupt adjective (BAD)
- He called for checks to discover whether corrupt officials are being bribed to connive in shoddy construction.
- A powerful and corrupt elite has bled this country dry.
- One election cannot erase 65 years of a corrupt one-party political process.
- Their accusations of corruption are hypocritical - they have been just as corrupt themselves.
- The old corrupt, totalitarian regime was overthrown.
corrupt adjective (ON COMPUTER)
corruptverb [T]uk us /kəˈrʌpt/
corrupt verb [T] (MAKE BAD)
corrupt verb [T] (ON COMPUTER)