corsetnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɔː.sɪt/ us /ˈkɔːr.sət/
Examples from literature
- Absent-mindedly she picked up her corsets, and, the weather being sultry, she fanned herself with them.
- Avoid corsets or any other pressure upon the stomach.
- Girls wear tight shoes, burdensome skirts, and corsets, all of which prove very injurious to their health.
- The original object of the corset was to give greater prominence to the hips and abdomen.
- They discarded the corset, cut off their hair, and adopted bloomers!