the cosmosnoun [ S ]uk /ˈkɒz.mɒs/ us /ˈkɑːz.moʊs/
Examples from literature
- According to the old Scandinavian fable of the cosmos, the whole world is encircled in the coils of a vast serpent.
- But the blackness grew and grew and grew until it neatly bisected the cosmos itself, and half of everything that was, was blackness.
- Many think that this War shows that the cosmos is not perfect.
- Right or wrong, I obeyed the law of the cosmos.
- So his father lectured now on astronomy and the cosmos.