Cossacknoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒs.æk/ us /ˈkɑː.sæk/
Examples from literature
- But they found ready accommodation, a Cossack widower giving them half his house.
- The Grand Duke was dressed in the handsome and showy uniform of a Cossack officer.
- The patriotism of the front officers and soldiers, and the medieval chivalry of the Cossack are the only things left upon which to rebuild Russia.
- Then the Cossack commander called his men around, and giving time with his cowhide thong, led them through some of the most weird Cossack war songs it is possible to imagine.
- They were members of the detachment that was out to look for Cossack officers.