couldverbuk us strong /kʊd/ weak /kəd/
could verb (CAN)
- She walked off before I could say anything.
- I could never have achieved this without the encouragement of my husband and family.
- I could see by the look on their faces that something was wrong.
- I wish I could find (the) time to do more reading.
- Even when you win a match you always feel you could have played better.
couldmodal verbuk us strong /kʊd/ weak /kəd/
could modal verb (PERMISSION)
could modal verb (REQUEST)
could modal verb (POSSIBILITY)
could modal verb (SUGGESTION)
could modal verb (SHOULD)
- answer for sb/sth
- answer for sth
- answer to sb
- have sth on your hands idiom
- I am not my brother's keeper idiom
- in the hot seat idiom
- it's your own lookout idiom
- saddle sb with sth
- social contract