councilnoun [ C, + sing/pl verb ]uk /ˈkaʊn.səl/ us /ˈkaʊn.səl/
the United Nations Security Council
Edinburgh City Council
- The local council has remained deaf to all the objections to its proposals.
- The local council has decreed that the hospital should close.
- The council is encouraging the development of the property for both employment and recreation.
- They've been engaged in a legal battle with the council for several months.
- The council is to examine ways of reducing traffic in the city centre.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: