counsellornoun [C]mainly UK (US usually counselor) uk /ˈkaʊn.səl.ər/ us /-ɚ/
- The doctor suggested that I might like to see a counsellor to help me deal with stress better.
- A trained counsellor can provide non-judgmental support, as often it is hard to speak openly to family and friends.
- My colleague found that his sessions with the grief counsellor helped him work through his feelings.
- There's an excellent counsellor at the alternative health clinic in town, and you can get various therapies there too.
- He thinks people are too soft these days and that we'd be better off without all these counsellors and therapists.
- He hired Jeffrys as his counselor.
- His counselor made the case very forcibly.