countrywomannoun [ C ]uk /ˈkʌn.triˌwʊm.ən/ us /ˈkʌn.triˌwʊm.ən/ plural -women uk /-wɪmɪn/ us
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- English countrywomen have pretty strong nerves.
- If he'd married one of his own countrywomen, the other things wouldn't have been equal.
- Really, major, you don't seem to understand this boasted liberty of your own countrywoman.
- We do not even know whether she is a countrywoman of ours, or an Englishwoman, or a German.
- What, little Mary turned Tory on my hands?—This will be fine news for our countrywoman to carry down to Scotland!