courtroomnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɔːt.ruːm/ /ˈkɔːt.rʊm/ us /ˈkɔːrt.ruːm/ /ˈkɔːrt.rʊm/
It was a courtroom drama set in the 1960s.
- As a lawyer, he positively revelled in the drama of the courtroom.
- The prisoner raised his fist in a gesture of defiance as he was led out of the courtroom.
- She stood up to address a hushed courtroom.
- The courtroom was a large dark chamber, an austere place.
- Millions of dollars were spent on lawyers in a courtroom showdown between the two companies.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words