cowslipnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkaʊ.slɪp/ us /ˈkaʊ.slɪp/
Examples from literature
- But sometimes in the evenings after a glass of cowslip wine, her imagination took a bolder flight.
- Clara laughed strangely, and rose, picking the cowslips from her hair.
- He had found the double cowslips, and he knew now that I was neither a liar nor a thief.
- Here, the city gallant paused to laugh with the country girl, her basket full of May-boughs and cowslips.
- The windows of the cottage were filled with flowers, and cowslips and violets were plentifully scattered about the little garden.