creepernoun [ C ]uk /ˈkriː.pər/ us /ˈkriː.pɚ/
Examples from literature
- And with these six creatures guiding us, we went through the tumult of ferns and creepers and tree-stems towards the northwest.
- I held aside the flowering creeper which hung over the entrance like a curtain, and followed her within.
- Immense trees soared up, invisible behind the festooned draperies of creepers.
- The ferry was a raft built of long bamboo poles lashed together with vines and creepers.
- The house itself was of two stories and was covered by creepers.