crisisnounuk /ˈkraɪ.sɪs/ us /ˈkraɪ.sɪs/ (plural crises uk /-siːz/ us )
- It may yet be possible to find a peaceful solution to the crisis.
- The country is in the midst of an economic crisis.
- Talks were held in Madrid about the fuel crisis.
- Falling house prices are illustrative of the crisis facing the construction industry.
- The two groups will meet next week to try to defuse the crisis.
- a (heavy) cross to bear idiom
- a cloud on the horizon idiom
- a fate worse than death idiom
- a hard/tough row to hoe idiom
- a narrow squeak idiom
- feeding frenzy
- rub salt in/into the wound idiom
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: