Examples from literature
- Eric and the Wind Children sat cross-legged and waited.
- Even the Buddha himself, cross-legged and imperturbable, had to sit for his portrait.
- He found the old man sitting cross-legged on a mat in the dirty, almost bare apartment.
- I found him in a simple room, sitting cross-legged in a window recess from which he can see the temple roofs and the lofty mountains and the sinful town in the valley.
- The old woman sat down cross-legged by the charcoal, and began to fan it.