croupnoun [ U ]uk /kruːp/ us /kruːp/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- He lay patiently fighting for breath, like a child with croup.
- In croup there is pain and difficulty in swallowing, fever and cough, which are usually absent in asthma.
- Symptoms. True croup is generally preceded by what is known as "a cold."
- There was a sudden alarm one night, when her little namesake was found strangling with the croup.
- They had come from a part of the interior where the disease called croup occasionally prevails.