- Price will be a crucial factor in the success of this new product.
- The motif of betrayal and loss is crucial in all these stories.
- The turning point in her political career came when she was chosen to fight a crucial by-election.
- During the trial, the prosecution was accused of withholding crucial evidence from the defence.
- The Panama Canal provides a crucial shipping link between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ˈkruː.ʃəl.i/ us /ˈkruː.ʃəl.i/